Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Interesting Resource for Preppers

A while back, a prepper from East Texas sent me an email with information about a new resource that preppers may find interesting. Here is that email. Be sure to check out the link.

Riverwalker,

I have been following your blogs for about a year. My husband and I have just relocated to the Piney Woods of E. TX. On our 20 acre property we found an interesting tree--the Chinese Tallow.

In researching it, I found this document:

http://www.thepineywoods.com/TallowTreeJly08.htm.


I don't know if anyone is actually using this tree as a resource...

Blessings and thanks for your information.

E.T. in East Texas


Thanks E.T. for the great info! (Please...no phone home jokes!)

3 comments:

Bitmap said...

Invasive is the word. They grow up from the roots and will make a thicket that looks like a wild plumb thicket at least 15 feet high.

I don't like the smell of the blooms.

I'm glad someone thinks they can find a use for it but I suspect that is sort of like people trying to find a use for kudzu. We are stuck with it so me may as well try to get something out of it.

Unknown said...

Not even "one" phone home joke? Darn!

Mayberry said...

Elllliiiiiooooottttt.... ; )